How to choose the best CMS for your company? Sii experts advise why you should consider Umbraco
The success of a brand’s image largely depends on the ability to freely publish content across a variety of communication channels. Much depends on what CMS you choose for your daily work and whether it will allow you to publish engaging content quickly and in an intuitive way. Find out how to choose the best CMS for your business and why it’s worth considering implementing Umbraco with Sii experts.
It’s hard to disagree with the statement that WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems (CMS). This is because PHP is the most common programming language used on the Internet. For this reason, most websites are built using WordPress. Despite its popularity, it is not the only CMS tool that we can use. There are many options on the market, such as Joomla, Drupal or Umbraco.
How to choose the best CMS?
Before you decide to choose the best CMS, you should consider what are the expectations and needs of a given business, because not all software will be the same. There are many factors to be aware of, such as:
- Technical support and security
- Easy scalability
- Possibility of SEO optimization
- Tool development opportunities
When choosing a CMS to build a website you need to take into account the fact that it will serve you in the long term. You have to reckon with a high probability of changes when it comes to technologies and trends in web design. So a good solution is to choose a CMS that is constantly updated. Of course, you must take into account the level of advancement of the people who will use it, as well as the costs and optimization possibilities.
Why should you consider Umbraco?
Umbraco offers unlimited possibilities for website development, content management, personalization, Umbraco is also characterized by its flexibility and ease of use.
So what can we use it for? For example, to build corporate websites that serve as an intranet for employees and partners, online stores, blogs, and any Internet solutions that require a lot of integration. This CMS is also an ideal solution for marketing agencies that want to cooperate with small companies or enterprises looking for a framework to manage their content. Users can directly manage your website, which helps to improve the overall customer experience and makes it easier to stay up-to-date with any changes.
Why do Sii experts recommend implementing Umbraco CMS?
– An interesting fact is that Umbraco can act as both a monolith and a headless CMS, giving users the freedom to manage multiple sites and platforms with the same ease as one – adding or deleting any type of data – explains Piotr Bach, Sii Software Engineer. This is precisely the application of Umbraco CMS that we proposed to a client in the field of innovative digital solutions for the education sector in Denmark.
The client approached Sii’s experts with several problems that required special attention. The company had a number of different websites, the updates and management of which caused some difficulties. Changes to content often required the support of programmers – taking a lot of time and being costly. Moreover, the client needed a central place to store all digital assets, such as images, videos and documents and also the ability to easily share content between different websites. One of the problems was also the fact that the data was stored in many older systems built with different technologies.
In response to the client’s needs, Sii experts proposed a headless CMS approach. Our team built a central repository for all content and used Umbraco CMS to manage it. We delivered a fully functional platform that met the following business needs:
- Data sharing for more than 60 websites and applications.
- Easy data management – Umbraco allows client editors to manage all content in one place and publish it across all channels, devices and apps
- Flexibility to create different types of content, such as courses, articles, news, release information, notifications, etc.
- Customization – the system can be easily extended with new functions and dynamic components.
- Scalability and stability – the solution perfectly copes with high traffic, because Umbraco hosted in the Azure cloud is very efficient.
- Security and ease of integration – currently the CMS integrates with internal authorization systems in order to verify content permissions.