About the client
The client’s department delivers innovative software and consulting services for clinical documentation improvement, computer-assisted coding, physician mobile applications and outcome quality reporting.
The Client manufactures different kinds of membranes in the form of finished products and semi-products. The products are used in both healthcare and industrial filtration applications. The factory was acquired by the client, and the acquisition imposed the need to adjust the production system to the client’s standards – in particular, the SAP data exchange platform. The second task was to migrate the applications developed in old technologies (VB 6, MS Access VBA) to the ASP .Net environment.
What we did
The team was responsible for defining the architecture and developing the updated applications in the .Net environment. The engineers worked in three areas:
- implementation of data exchange API between the factory’s system and the client’s SAP platform,
- migration of the old applications to a web-based environment,
- migration of the old reports to SSRS reports.
A multi-tier architecture has been developed in order to accomplish project objectives. The code of the old applications has been analyzed, documented and migrated to the existing web environment, and the database logic has been moved to the .Net environment. The old reports were analyzed in terms of both structure and queries, and then recreated in the SSRS environment. The communication in the project was carried out in English. Most of the work was done remotely.
- Robust and future-proof architecture,
- System adjusted to the client’s internal standards,
- Improvement of the code quality,
- Improvement of the performance of the application.